Minimally Invasive Dentistry — Patient-Friendly Healthcare
Minimally invasive dentistry is a growing shift in dental healthcare. It’s safer, less painful and now you and your family can have fewer cavities and better overall health by following our simple philosophy.
Our main goal is to treat the bacterial infection…before you ever need repair. In other words, we remove the bacteria before the cavities occur.
You might have heard your dentist or TV ads talk about dental plaque. It’s why you’re told to brush and floss; to avoid cavities. Did you know these facts about plaque?
- It’s a village of bacteria living on your teeth
- Bacteria can spread beyond your mouth, into your entire body
- Filling cavities doesn’t cure the disease
With minimally invasive dentistry’s technology, we can treat bacteria from the start. Surgery — drilling and filling cavities — doesn’t have to be a way of life. If your teeth do need repair we offer treatment without the dental drill.
We offer minimally invasive dentistry’s most advanced technology, including:
- Air abrasion — removing decay without the drill
- Onlays — instead of crowns, leaving your original tooth structure in place
- Intra-Oral camera — for the best documentation
- Oral cancer detection
- Dental ozone
- Sealants — protecting teeth from bacteria
- Modern, METAL FREE implants
- Digital radiography —offering less radiation
- Digital impressioning — producing faster, more accurate tooth repair
Why Do Patients Like Minimally Invasive Dentistry?
A few reasons our patients prefer minimally invasive dentistry;
- Less drilling — less pain
- Prevents disease — fewer cavities and root canals
- Safer and healthier choices
- Better overall health
- Tooth repair with minimal loss
- Biomimetic materials
- Stops disease from getting worse
- Returns teeth and gums to a more natural state
What is the Mouth/Body Connection?
Your body’s health and your mouth’s health work together. It’s all connected. Patients consider Live Well Dental part of their wellness team. Our work is holistic. We always considers the health of your whole body when we treat you.
Minimally invasive dentistry shows us that getting rid of dental bacteria gives you a healthier body. Dentists often see signs of an illness before others do. Harmful bacteria grow easily in the mouth and that bacteria has access to your entire body. Did you know that 95% of people with diabetes have gum disease? Medical research shows that approximately 90% of the body’s diseases are linked to dental health. Some of these diseases include:
- Heart disease and stroke
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Oral cancer and leukemia
- Respiratory conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
What is a Dental Risk Assessment?
Minimally invasive dentistry offers a Risk Assessment to predict your dental future and provide solutions now.
Risk assessments include:
- A one-minute bacteria test
- Questions about health history
- A dental examination
- Saliva tests for gum disease and oral cancers
When your risk for dental decay is high, we offer solutions dependent on your individual assessment.