At Live Well Dental Center, we follow the IAOMT (international Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology) protocols for amalgam filling removal. We aim to minimize the exposure to mercury, both for our patients and for ourselves.
- patient with a nose mask, breathing oxygen from a tank, not from room air.
- high volume suction is placed near the filling to remove mercury vapor away from the mouth and nose. We use the DentAirVac.
- Use of rubber dam during the procedure.
- Use of an amalgam separator, to keep mercury from getting into the environment. We use the Liberty BOSS.
- Patients ingest either chlorella or activated charcoal to absorb mercury that may be swallowed during the process.
- Suggestions for diet and use of supplements for the weeks leading up to the procedure, and weeks after, to ensure your immune and digestive systems are prepared to actively bind and remove any residual mercury that may have slipped past the suction, rubber dam, and binding supplements.
- ART (Autonomic Response Testing) Muscle Testing for allergies and metal sensitivities.
- ART Muscle Testing for complete energetic removal of amalgam.
- Additional draping of patient.
- IV vitamin C.
- Referral to IR sauna use.
- Testing for mercury levels (Doctor’s Data or Quicksilver Scientific).
Feel free to contact us with questions about our safe amalgam removal, which protocols fit you best, or any other concerns about mercury.