TOP 1% In The Nation
Why Did I Choose Dentistry?
“I chose dentistry for the same reason I chose the holistic, minimally invasive approach: I like the fact that I can impact people’s lives in a positive way. I love my work. I get to educate people; work with them on their oral and overall health; it can really change their life..it’s exciting! Our advanced technology is less painful, and there’s less need for repair; it’s more about prevention. People like the new no-fear dentistry. I understand — I’m a patient too. Onlays are a good example: They’re less painful, they require one visit instead of two, and there’s less risk of root canals later.”
Dr. Chang, is a highly skilled general dentist, who can help with most of your dental needs. That means fewer referrals to specialists.
What are the Values of Minimally Invasive Dentistry?
- #1-Do no harm
- Find and fix underlying causes … avoid decay
- Provide risk assessments … diagnose and treat early
- Use evidence-based dentistry
- Treat people ethically, respectfully, with integrity
- Help people improve their lives through better dental health
Dr. Chang’s Number One Piece of Dental Advice
“Good home-care is the basis for healthy teeth and gums. Brush and floss the right way, every day, (more than once) and see your dentist twice a year. My family and I do!”
On the Personal Side…
Born in Toronto, Canada, Dr. Chang has called Snohomish County, Washington home for more than 14 years. He loves spending time with his wife and two daughters. If he has time, you might get the hidden extrovert in him to entertain you with his amazing juggling talents!
You wouldn’t know it by his calm, quiet manner, but Dr. Chang loves to play (and win), at hockey. Windsurfing is a real thrill for him too. A lover of music, he’s pretty skilled at the piano, and is learning the ukulele.
Committed to Children and the Community
One thing you’ll notice right away is Dr. Chang’s genuine commitment to helping others. He walks the talk, and with a humble heart.
“I aspire to be a good example to my children, community, and profession in everything I do. I really feel like it’s a privilege to work with service organizations. I’m honored that so many people put their complete trust and confidence in me.”
Through his volunteer work, Dr. Chang provides dental health education and emergency care to many in need:
- Washington Oral Health Foundation — Adopt-A-School Program
- American Dental Association — Give Kids a Smile Program
Teaching Dental Students
Dr. Chang is a well-respected dentist with expertise in advanced technology and minimally invasive dentistry. He’s been a favorite teacher of many up-and-coming dentists:
- Swedish Hospital, Seattle Special Care Dentistry Lecturer
- University of Washington, Past Adjunct Professor, Lecturer
- University of Washington, Past General Practice Site Director
- Bastyr Universty, Guest Lecturer
- Lake Washington Technical College School of Hygiene, Guest Lecturer
Dr. Chang has been practicing general dentistry since 1999. His professional memberships include:
Dr. Chang spent many years earning the credentials for the area of his expertise.
- 2001—Second General Practice Residency, University of Washington
- 2000—First General Practice Residency, University of Texas at San Antonio
- 1995-1999—Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
- 1991-1995—Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto
Continuing Education to Serve You Better
In addition to the formal education listed above, Continuing Education is a way of life for Dr. Chang and his team: The entire team is committed to staying in tune with the latest technology and nutritional information.
Dr. Chang received his Mastership Award, one of the most respected achievements within the dental profession. Only 1% of all dentists in the U.S. complete this rigorous academic challenge. To earn this, he completed 1,100 hours of dental continuing education, joining only 2200 other Masters in the country, who have gone above and beyond the basic requirements.